- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Watercress Ring Recipe
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce|
|Mashed avocado||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Shrimp||1 Pound, cooked, peeled and deveined|
|Sliced raw mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|French dressing||To Taste|
|Crushed tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2363 Calories from Fat 1484
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g266.4%
Saturated Fat 53 g265.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 899.1 mg
Sodium 2892 mg120.5%
Total Carbohydrates 87 g29.1%
Dietary Fiber 46.1 g184.4%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 139 g277.8%
Vitamin A 150.2% Vitamin C 225.1%
Calcium 90.5% Iron 92.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine the mashed avocado, lime juice and salt.
3. Mash the cheese with the back of a wooden spoon. Gradually blend in the avocado mixture and milk.
4. Soften the gelatin in water five minutes, then dissolve it over boiling water.
5. Meanwhile, chop the watercress stems into one-eighth-inch lengths. Add to the avocado mixture. Save the leaves for garnish.
6. Add the dissolved gelatin to the avocado mixture. Mix well. Turn into an oiled six-cup ring mold. Chill.
7. Combine the shrimp and mushrooms with the French dressing and tarragon. Mix well and chill.