- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Turkey Crown Recipe
|For avocado layer|
|Flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package, Lemon Lime Flavor)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||2 Drop|
|Avocado||1 , halved, pitted, peeled and diced|
|For turkey layer|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Instant chicken broth/Chicken bouillon cube||2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||5 Drop|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced roast turkey||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Cold Roast)|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 288 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 33.3 mg
Sodium 402.4 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 22 g44.9%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make avocado layer in a medium-size bowl dissolve lemon-lime gelatin in hot water and stir in cold water, lemon juice and liquid red pepper seasoning.
2. Chill for an hour such that thick as unbeaten egg white and fold in diced avocado.
3. Into an 8-cup tube mold pour the mixture and chill 30 minutes such that sticky-firm.
4. To make turkey layer in a medium-size saucepan in water soften gelatin with chicken broth or bouillon cube, salt, dillweed and liquid red pepper seasoning over heat with constant stirring such that if using gelatin and bouillon cube, they dissolve.
5. Remove from heat, beat in mayonnaise or salad dressing such that smooth, fold in turkey, celery and walnuts.
6. Over sticky-firm avocado layer spoon and chill at least 3 hours or overnight such that firm.
7. Unmold using a thin-blade knife by running its sharp-tip around top of mold, dipping mold very quickly in and out of a pan of hot water.
8. With a large serving plate cover mold, turn upside down and carefully lift off mold.
9. Optionally garnish center with a few salad greens.
10. Arrange marinated squash rings around the salad and serve.