- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado, Tomato And Onion Appetizer Recipe
|Onion||2 Large, sliced thickly into 6 slices|
|Ripe avocados||2 Large|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||6|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh herbs||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (Like Basil, Tarragon Or Chives)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For vinaigrette dressing:|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2079 Calories from Fat 1398
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 165 g253.2%
Saturated Fat 23.7 g118.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 524.5 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 158 g52.7%
Dietary Fiber 73.9 g295.8%
Sugars 51.9 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 184.6% Vitamin C 406.7%
Calcium 34.8% Iron 53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Choose the largest onion rings, and keep them soaked in ice-chilled water for at least 15 minutes. Drain well before using.
2. Peel avocados and slice crosswise into rings, slipping ring off the stone.
3. Slice the tomatoes.
4. In a medium glass bowl, combine ingredients for vinaigrette and whisk vigorously with a fork until well amalgamated.
5. Add avocado rings to the dressing and toss until well coated.
6. Add the drained onion and tomato rings and herbs and toss lightly but thoroughly
7. Refrigerate until chilled.
8. Arrange on a platter or in a deep serving dish.
9. Serve cold.