- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Avocado Spread Recipe Video
|Edamame beans/Null||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Frozen Shelled)|
|Apple cider vinegar/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Water/Null||4 Tablespoon (As You Need It For Consistency)|
|Miso/0.25-0.5 teaspoon sea salt||2 Teaspoon (Tamari Soy Sauce)|
|Ginger/Null||1 Teaspoon (Ground Or Fresh)|
|Cilantro/Null||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Parsley Or Basil)|
|Alfalfa/Red clover sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Null)|
Calories 74 Calories from Fat 49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.78 g3.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 66 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 2 g4.6%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Thaw or heat the edamame beans so that they're no longer frozen.
2. Puree them in a food processor with a bit of water and apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice) until they're roughly chopped.
3. Add the miso (or salt), ginger and avocado and puree.
4. Add the fresh herbs and/or sprouts, and puree again until everything is smooth.
5. Taste to see the flavor and then use the spread in whatever fun way you feel like.