- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Souffle With Fondue Sauce Recipe
|Ripe avocado||1 Large|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||2 Drop (Few Drops Required)|
|Minced onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For fondue sauce|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Shredded process swiss cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2416 Calories from Fat 1640
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g289.2%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g332.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1557.9 mg
Sodium 3849.5 mg160.4%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 28.5 g114%
Sugars 27.9 g
Protein 82 g163.4%
Vitamin A 88.7% Vitamin C 66.8%
Calcium 49.3% Iron 59.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel, pit and mash avocado by pressing through a sieve into a small bowl with a wooden spoon.
3. Melt butter or margarine in medium-size saucepan; blend in flour, salt, liquid red-pepper seasoning and onion; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; stir in milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens and bubbles 1 minute; remove from heat. Blend in avocado; cool.
4. Beat egg whites just until they form soft peaks in a large bowl.
5. Beat egg yolks well; slowly stir in cooled avocado mixture; lightly fold in the beaten whites until no streaks of sauce or egg white remain; pour into 8-cup souffle dish or straight-side baking dish.
6. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 45 minutes, or until puffy-firm and golden on top.