- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Pineapple Salad Recipe
|Canned pineapple slices||4|
|Low fat cottage cheese||1 Pint|
|Syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (From The Canned Pineapple)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
Calories 500 Calories from Fat 156
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.5%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 431 mg18%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.3%
Sugars 43.3 g
Protein 16 g33%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 53.2%
Calcium 13% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the avocados in halves along the length.
2) Discard the peel and seeds.
3) Slice each part crosswise in 8 pieces.
4) Season the avocado pieces with a little lemon juice or canned pineapple syrup to prevent discoloration.
5) Cut pineapple slices into halves.
6) Use 4 salad plates to line with greens.
7) Spread cottage cheese over the greens to make a base for the pineapple and avocado slices.
8) Reassemble one avocado half over each serving of cottage cheese, alternating with avocado pieces with pineapple halves.
9) In a bowl, combine pineapple syrup, honey, lemon juice and mint.
10) Pour the pineapple syrup mixture on top before serving.