- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Grapefruit Souffle Recipe
|Lime flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced grapefruit sections||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Mashed avocado pulp||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1317 Calories from Fat 916
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g158.4%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.6 mg
Sodium 1490.7 mg62.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 80.6 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 124%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Stir the gelatin in hot water to dissolve.
2) Then stir in the lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt and cold water.
3) In a freezing tray, pour the mixture and freeze for about 15-20 minutes, or until set towards the edges but soft in the center.
4) In a bowl, remove the mixture and whip until fluffy with a rotary beater.
5) Then fold in the chopped green pepper and grapefruit sections.
6) In a 1-quart mold, pour the mixture and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, until set.
7) Unmold in a platter and serve immediately.