- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado Cups Recipe
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Minced shallots/Onions||2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe avocados||2 , chilled|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1558 Calories from Fat 1344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g239.1%
Saturated Fat 21.9 g109.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.9 mg
Sodium 2164 mg90.2%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 29.7 g119%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 109.9%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Fry the bacon till it has crisped and then crumble it. Keep aside.
2) Combine together the wine, oil, salt, pepper and shallots or onion and beat well.
3) Cut the avocados lengthwise into half and throw the seeds away. Carefully scoop out the pulp. Reserve the shells for future use.
4) Dice the avocados pulp and then cut the tomatoes in half if they are large. If small, keep the tomatoes whole.
5) Pour the dressing all over the pieces of avocado and the tomatoes. Gently toss.
6) Heap the mixture into the shells.
7) Serve cold.