- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado and Spinach Salad Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced thinly|
|Avocado||1 Large, peeled and diced|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , hard-boiled|
|Lettuce||2 (as needed)|
Calories 1047 Calories from Fat 824
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g144.5%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.8 mg
Sodium 460.4 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g96.8%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 19 g37.1%
Vitamin A 717.2% Vitamin C 218.6%
Calcium 29% Iron 45.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the spinach and stream in the boiling water over it.
2) Allow to stand for a few minutes.
3) Pour of the water.
4) In a saucepan heat the oil and saute the onions until soft but not brown.
5) In a food processor, place the spinach and onions.
6) Stir in the mayonnaise, avocado, lemon juice, and chopped egg.
7) Process the spinach mixture and chop all together until smooth.
8) Serve the on a bed of lettuce.