- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Avocado And Orange Salad Recipe
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finley minced|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 296
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 222 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.1%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 46.6% Vitamin C 227.3%
Calcium 14% Iron 8.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak lettuce in ice-chilled water for 20 minutes.
2. Halve the avocados lengthwise remove stone and then pare with a sharp paring knife.
3. Slice them crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
4. Immediately place in a bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice to prevent discoloration. Peel and segment oranges discarding piths and seeds.
5. In a small bowl, combine vinaigrette with garlic and mustard and whisk well.
6. Drain and dry lettuce and line 2 salad plates with them.
7. Arrange avocado slices and orange segments over the lettuce.
8. Dress with garlic-mustard vinaigrette
9. Serve immediately.