- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Multi Grain Stir Fry Recipe
|Purple thai rice||8 Ounce|
|Black barley||8 Ounce|
|Wheat berries||8 Ounce|
|Diced dried apples||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced dried apricots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Goji berries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Diced hazel nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||2 , chopped|
|Apple juice/White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 702 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 25.7 mg1.1%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 22.6 g90.5%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 61.7% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 10% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook grains according to package directions.
3. When finished, mix all the grains together and separate in half, keeping one portion in freezer container for later use.
4. In a skillet or wok, heat olive oil.
5. Add 3/4 c. (total) diced dried apples, apricots and goji berries with 1/2 c. hazel nuts, saute with rice mixture and add scallions, cilantro, cinnamon and nutmeg and 1/4 c. apple juice.
6. Heat until juice is absorbed and ingredients heated.