- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Autumn Risotto with Chicken & Cranberries Recipe Video
|Sweetened cranberry||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried|
|Water||500 Milliliter, hot|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||675 Milliliter|
|Dry white wine||175 Milliliter (Chardonnay)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, coarsely grounded|
|Almond||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced cooked (or turkey breasts)|
|Resh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (optional)|
Calories 1365 Calories from Fat 664
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.9%
Saturated Fat 19.3 g96.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 348.8 mg
Sodium 859.6 mg35.8%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 111 g221.4%
Vitamin A 30.5% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 34.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak Cranberries in hot water. And drain.
2. Toast almonds in saute Pan over medium heat 5--7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. In a Deep Covered Baker combine onion, rice and oil. Microwave for 7 minutes on high heat.
4. Take out Baker once onion becomes translucent.
5. Add stock, wine, salt and black pepper to the rice and cook for another 13 minutes.
6. Mix almond, celery and cream cheese. Stir until cheese is fully incorporated.
7. Fold in cranberries. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Arborio rice is an Italian short grain rice that can be found in the rice or ethnic section of most grocery stores.