- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Autumn Mashers: On the Side #12 Recipe Video
|Celery root||1 , peeled and diced|
|Yukon gold potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and diced|
|Apple||1 Large, peeled and diced|
|Salt & pepper/Apple juice||To Taste|
|Apple cider||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg
Sodium 161.2 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.7%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.7%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 8 g15.6%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium size pot melt 4 tablespoons butter over medium high heat.
2. Throw in the celery root, potatoes, apples, salt and pepper. Saute the vegetables, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the apple cider/juice and tightly cover the pot. Turn the heat to a low simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the milk and 1 tablespoons of butter and mash with a potato masher and make sure to add salt to taste.
5. Serve with a chicken, pork or turkey dinner and enjoy!