- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Autumn Apple Squares Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||8 Ounce, chopped (1 Package)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Apples||6 , quartered, cored and thinly sliced|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.3%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg
Sodium 173.6 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 55.2 g
Protein 5 g9.9%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Onto a wax paper, sift the baking powder, flour and salt.
3) In a large bowl, blend together the margarine or butter with granulated and brown sugars. Add the eggs, on at a time, and the vanilla and beat well. Fold the mixture in the flour mixture.
4) Add the pecans, dates and apples and stir well.
5) Into a greased baking pan of 9x9x2, spoon the concoction.
6) Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, till the center springs right back when it is pressed lightly with fingertip. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
7) Serve warm after cutting into squares. Serve vanilla ice cream on the side if preferred.