- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Authentic Indian-Style Chili Chicken Recipe Video
|Skinless boneless chicken breast||3⁄4 Pound, cut into strips 2 inches long|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Garlic clove||3 Medium, slice|
|Green chili||3 Medium, slitted|
|Onion||1 Medium, 1/8 inch thick slices|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn starch||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coriander||5 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg
Sodium 1181.4 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 43 g85.9%
Vitamin A 28.8% Vitamin C 152.2%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place the chicken strips. To it add the garam masala powder, red chili powder, ground cumin, salt, crushed black pepper, and half the oil. Mix well. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
2. In a nonstick pan, heat the remaining oil, and fry the garlic for a couple of minutes then add the green chilies and the marinated chicken.
3. Stir fry the chicken until brown.
4. Add the lemon juice and onion slices to the chicken and sauté until onion begins to soften.
5. Blend the corn starch in the water to make a slurry and add to the chicken.
6. Cook the chicken, stirring frequently, until the slurry thickens to a gravy and the chicken is tender.
7. Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
8. Serve with roti, or paratha or use to make wraps.