- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Austrian Coffee Cake Recipe
|Caster sugar||6 Ounce|
|Self-raising flour||6 Ounce|
|Strong black coffee||1⁄2 Pint|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Rum/Brandy||2 Tablespoon (Or To Taste)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint, whipped|
|Vanilla essence||2 Drop|
|Almonds||3 Tablespoon, browned|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4186 Calories from Fat 1608
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 182 g279.5%
Saturated Fat 101.3 g506.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 864.9 mg288.3%
Sodium 3035.5 mg126.5%
Total Carbohydrates 579 g192.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 306.3 g
Protein 51 g101.3%
Vitamin A 104.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 130.3% Iron 65.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat the oven at 375°F or Mark 5.
2) In a bowl, add butter and cream well.
3) Add in the sugar and again beat well till light and fluffy.
4) One at a time, beat in the eggs and fold in the sifted flour and salt.
5) Transfer the mix into the mould and place in oven for about 25 minutes. (If using a cake tin, place in oven for 35-40 minutes.)
6) Take cake out of oven and cool.
7) Soak with the coffee, sweeten and flavor with rum or brandy.
8) Cover with cream and sweeten and flavor with vanilla essence.
9) Top with browned almonds.