- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Australian Meat Pie Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 , chopped finely|
|Minced beef||500 Gram|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , chopped finely|
|Mushroom||5 , thinly sliced|
|Beef stock||200 Milliliter|
|Tomato ketchup||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Puff pastry sheet||2|
Calories 592 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.5%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.3%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 86.9 mg
Sodium 702.4 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 25 g51%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a pie plate and lay pastry sheet in it. Set aside.
2. In a pan, saute garlic, onion, and meat in olive oil for 5 minutes or until browned.
3. Add corn flour, beef stock, barbecue sauce, Worcestershire sauce, marmite, and ketchup. Give it a good stir.
4. Add chopped mushroom, parsley, and tomato. Cook for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Brush egg around the edge and transfer mixture into the pie plate.
6. Cover it with another pastry sheet and seal up the edges with fork. Pierce on top for steam to escape and brush with egg.
7. Pop in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until nice and brown.
8. Cut into wedges, serve and enjoy!