- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aubergines French Style Recipe
|Aubergines||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon, blended|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, skinned|
|Garlic salt||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.9%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.1 mg
Sodium 683 mg28.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.2%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 20.2%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Lightly add salt to aubergines and roll them in flour.
2) Heat oil and brown both sides of coated aubergines in it for about 5 minutes.
3) Stir in tomatoes and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
4) Blend flour with water and boil this mixture with the vegetable mixture until thickened.
5) Mix in garlic and salt.
6) In a shallow ovenproof dish, arrange the mixture and grill under low heat to keep it hot.
7) In a pan, over low heat, heat butter and sauté breadcrumbs in it until the crumbs absorb fat.
8) Make a mixture of breadcrumbs and cheese and spread this over the vegetable mixture and brown under grill until crisp.
9) Serve hot.