- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aubergine Tomato and Parmesan Bake Melanzane Alia Parmigiana Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||800 Gram (Two 400 Gram Can)|
|Tomato puree||2 Tablespoon|
|Aubergines||4 , cut into long, 5mm thick slices|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Ounce, freshly grated|
|Basil||20 Gram, leaves torn|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.3 mg
Sodium 632.3 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 16 g63.9%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 16 g32.9%
Vitamin A 38.8% Vitamin C 47.6%
Calcium 37.3% Iron 23.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degree Centigrade.
2. In a shallow pan, add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and the garlic.
3. Cook the garlic over high heat for 3 minutes.
4. Now add the tomatoes and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring every now and then.
5. Now add the tomato puree and stir it in.
6. Heat a griddle pan until it is very hot.
7. Brush a few of the aubergines with oil, and place them on the pan. 8. Cook the aubergines over high heat until well-browned, turning them halfway. They should be done in 5-7 minutes.
8. Lift the fried aubergines onto kitchen paper and cook the next batch.
9. In an ovenproof dish, place a few of the cooked aubergines in the bottom and spoon over some sauce.
10. Sprinkle this with Parmesan, basil leaves and salt.
11. Repeat this process with the aubergines, sauce and the other ingredients.
12. Pour the egg over the top and sprinkle with a little more Parmesan.
13. In the pre-heated oven, bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden.
14. Serve hot.