- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Athenian Artichoke Dip Recipe
|Canned artichoke hearts in water||14 Ounce, drained and chopped (1 Can)|
|Feta cheese||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Green / Red)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onions with tops||3 , thinly sliced|
|Dried oregano leaves||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sliced almonds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Assorted crackers/Tortilla / pita chips and vegetable sticks||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
Calories 248 Calories from Fat 196
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.8 mg
Sodium 300.1 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 4 g7.1%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 8.9% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Lightly grease a soufflé dish or ramekin mould with oil or butter.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
4. Use a small wire whisk or a spoon to lightly beat the mixture to blend all ingredients well.
5. Turn the mixture into the greased dish.
6. Sprinkle almonds if using.
7. Bake the dip in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
8. Remove from the oven and stand for 5 minutes.
9. Serve the dip warm with assorted crackers, tortilla or pita chips and vegetable sticks