- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Achara Recipe Video
|Green papaya||4 Pound, julienned|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Curing and salt is washed away)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, julienned|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced lengthwise|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm), thinly sliced|
|Whole peppercorn||2 Tablespoon|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, cut into strips|
|Ginger knob||1 , cut into thin strips|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (For The Brine Or Syrup)|
|White vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Raisins||3 Ounce (2 Small Boxes)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2453 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g6.9%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3110 mg129.6%
Total Carbohydrates 612 g204%
Dietary Fiber 49.1 g196.5%
Sugars 449.4 g
Protein 23 g47%
Vitamin A 883.9% Vitamin C 2221.6%
Calcium 70.1% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cover the bowl and place inside the refrigerator overnight (the salt will dehydrate the papaya).
3. Place the julienned papaya in a colander or strainer then rinse with running water.
4. Using cheesecloth (or any cloth) as a container, put the rinsed papaya inside the cloth and squeeze until all the liquid comes out.
5. Put the papaya back in the large bowl and combine with carrots, garlic, ginger, onions, whole pepper corn, bell pepper, and raisins
6. Heat the saucepan and pour-in the vinegar and bring to a boil.
7. Add the sugar and 1 1/2 tsp salt then stir until well diluted
8. Turn of the heat and allow the syrup to cool down until temperature is low enough to handle.
9. Place the combined vegetables and spices in a sterilized airtight jar and pour-in the syrup
10. Seal the jar and place inside the refrigerator for a week (or 5 days minimum to achieve the expected texture and flavor).
11. Serve cold with fried dishes. Share and Enjoy!