- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||3 Medium, peeled, diced|
|Celery stalk||2 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned sweet red bell pepper||32 Ounce, roasted (1 can)|
|Canned tomatoes||4 Ounce, crushed|
|Frozen corn kernel||1 Cup (16 tbs), thawed|
|Fresh oregano||2 Teaspoon, chopped (Optional)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (red, green yellow) (Optional)|
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 132.7 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.4%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 206.7% Vitamin C 354.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, puree 2/3 of the roasted bell pepper until smooth. Coarsely chop the rest of the roasted bell pepper. Set aside.
2. In heavy pot heat the olive oil. Add the onion, celery and the carrots. Stir and cook for couple minutes.
3. Put garlic and the oregano, stir and then add the pureed red bell pepper, the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped roasted bell pepper, 2 cups of water, the corn and the fresh oregano. Bring to a boil. Adjust the seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Into serving bowl spoon the soup, sprinkle the chopped fresh peppers and serve.
You can roast your own peppers. Place the fresh peppers on cookie sheet or on the grill. Grill or broil until they are charred. Place in paper bag, close and allow the pepper to cool. Remove from the bag, peel, seed and dice.