- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy French Toast with Cream Recipe Video
|White bread||100 Gram (6 slice)|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce, softened|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, divided|
|Vanilla extract||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisin||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or any dry fruit you like)|
Calories 325 Calories from Fat 161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.9%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100.9 mg33.6%
Sodium 243.4 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 18.1 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 12.4% Vitamin C 0.51%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow dish, add egg, milk, ½ teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon of sugar, cinnamon, and raisins. Whisk.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture on one piece of bread, and cover it with another slice. Repeat for all the 4 slices.
4. Dunk sandwiches into the egg and milk mixture. Flip and coat evenly on both sides.
5. Place skillet on medium high heat, melt little butter in it. Place sandwiches in pan and fry them for about 2 minutes or until caramelized.
6. Flip, add the remaining butter, and fry for another 1-2 minutes or until brown.
7. On a plate, mix remaining sugar and cinnamon.
8. Coat French toast with cinnamon sugar mixture, and serve immediately.