- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Okonomiyaki Recipe Video
|Soft wheat flour||100 Gram|
|Dashi soup||140 Milliliter|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Yamaimo||1 Tablespoon, grated (Japanese Mountain Yam)|
|Welsh onion||100 Gram|
|Boiled octopus||50 Gram|
|Shrimps||8 Medium (deep-water)|
|Sakuraebi||2 Tablespoon (Dried Pink Baby Shrimps)|
|Tenkasu||2 Tablespoon (Bits of Deep-Fried Tempura Batter)|
|Pickled ginger||1 Tablespoon (pickled ginger)|
|Sliced pork||100 Gram|
|Okonomiyaki sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 Large|
|Bonito flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 835 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 398.5 mg
Sodium 5145.3 mg214.4%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 59 g117.5%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 57.5%
Calcium 39.3% Iron 51.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, place together flour and baking powder and mix well.
2. While still mixing, stream dashi soup little at a time, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add in the salt and grated Yamaimo, and stir to mix.
4. Using a sharp knife, cut the bacon slices into half.
5. Chop the green onions finely.
6. Remove the thick stalk of cabbage and coarsely chop and add to the flour batter.
7. Finely chop the welsh onion and add to the flour batter.
8. Chop Beni Syoga in ½ inch pieces and add to the batter.
9. Cut the boiled octopus into ¼ inch slices and add to the batter.
10. Remove the head and peel the shell, and cut the shrimps into dice size pieces and add to the batter.
11. Add Sakuraebi and Tenkasu into the batter and break in the eggs, toss all the ingredients to coat well, do not mix too much.
12. Put an electric griddle at high temperature, and brush with vegetable oil.
13. Place the batter and press it to about 1/3 inch thickness, place the bacon slices on top and spread the remaining batter over the bacon.
14. Put the lid on and cook for 2 minutes, at high temperature.
15. Flip the pancake, put the lid on and cook until the bacon is crisp, for about 2 minutes.
16. Remove the lid and cook the pancake on both sides over medium heat.
17. Spread okonomiyaki sauce, and spring onion on top.
18. Drizzle the mayonnaise on top and sprinkle bonito flakes and aonori on top.
19. Cut into wedges and serve hot.