- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Aspen's Famous Sushi Recipe Video
|Quinoa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground flax seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strawberries||10 , sliced|
|Nori seaweed sheet||5|
|Chocolate sauce||10 Milliliter (for dipping)|
|Tamari sauce||10 Milliliter (for dipping)|
|Agave nectar||10 Milliliter (for dipping)|
Calories 301 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.39 mg
Sodium 227.9 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 135.6% Vitamin C 52.5%
Calcium 6% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grind up the flax seeds in a grinder and set aside.
2. Shred the carrots and zucchini. Set aside.
3. Slice the strawberries and set aside.
4. In a pan, add the quinoa, 2 cups of water and salt and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Let it cool.
5. When the quinoa is cooled enough to handle, squish in the banana with your hands or with a spoon. Add the vegetables and flax seed.
6. Place a nori sheet, shiny side down, on a bamboo sushi mat. Dip you hands in a bowl of water and then take a large handful of the quinoa mixture. Gently pat it on to the nori sheet, spreading it evenly. Leave about 1/2 inch of nori quinoa-free.
7. Top with strawberries and roll - gently but firmly - using the bamboo mat to form the roll. Wet the end of the nori so that it will stick together.
8. Slice with a very sharp knife - this will ensure that the roll will keep its shape and keep the ingredients from squishing out.
9. Serve with chocolate, agave or tamari sauce.