- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus with Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Asparagus||1 Pound, cooked|
|Milk||3⁄4 Pint, scalded|
|Hot sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 837 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g83%
Saturated Fat 33.2 g165.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.9 mg
Sodium 1153.3 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.9 g43.4%
Sugars 28.1 g
Protein 43 g85.1%
Vitamin A 133.8% Vitamin C 76.8%
Calcium 106.9% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare the sauce while the asparagus cooks.
2) In a pan, add in the butter, flour, salt, pepper, and mustard.
3) Cook for a few minutes, stirring continuously.
4) Slowly add in the milk, while continuing to stir.
5) When the sauce forms, stir in the cheese and then the hot sauce.
6) Heat an ovenproof dish.
7) Add in a tablespoon of butter and melt.
8) Arrange in the asparagus, pour the sauce over it.
9) Sprinkle with parsley.
10) Dust with paprika and serve hot.
11) To grill and serve, top with little cheese and dot with butter ad then brown.