- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Souffle Recipe
|Fresh asparagus||7 Pound|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1638 Calories from Fat 677
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g117.9%
Saturated Fat 40.5 g202.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 986.2 mg
Sodium 4759.5 mg198.3%
Total Carbohydrates 180 g59.9%
Dietary Fiber 68.3 g273.2%
Sugars 67.4 g
Protein 105 g210.8%
Vitamin A 531.9% Vitamin C 296.3%
Calcium 102.2% Iron 413.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the asparagus into 1/4-inch pieces.
2) In a pot, boil 1 cup water.
3) Add in the asparagus and simmer.
4) Drain, keeping aside 1/2 cup of the liquid for later use.
5) In another pot, heat butter and stir in the flour.
6) Combine the milk and reserved asparagus liquid.
7) Slowly add into the flour mix.
8) Cook while stir till the sauce is thickened.
9) Add in the seasonings and take off from the heat.
10) Beat in the egg yolks till thick.
11) Add in a small amount of sauce to the egg yolks and stir well.
12) Add the egg yolks into the mix in the pot and continue heating.
13) Gently cook while stirring and mix with the asparagus.
14) Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
15) Fold the egg whites into the asparagus mixture.
16) Transfer into a buttered casserole and place in a pan with water.
17) Place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour, till done.
18) Sprinkle with pepper and serve.