- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Au Gratin Recipe
|Asparagus spears||2 Pound|
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 251 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 13.9 g69.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.3 mg
Sodium 714.9 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 33.9% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 23.3% Iron 12.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pot, add 2 cups of water with salt and boil.
2) Cut off the tough ends of the asparagus.
3) Bunch and tie, and stand in a deep pot.
4) Add into the boiling water and steam for 15 minutes.
5) Remove and drain.
6) Untie and arrange in a baking dish.
7) Add butter and milk over the asparagus.
8) Mix in salt and pepper and top with cheese.
9) Place in the oven at 425 degrees and bake for 10 minutes, till the cheese is browned.
10)Sprinkle with cheese and serve.