- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Creamy Chicken And Asparagus Noodle Casserole Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cream of mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dry wide egg noodles||8 Ounce|
|Asparagus||2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped|
|Chicken breasts||4 , cooked and diced|
|White cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|Bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1004 Calories from Fat 386
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71.5%
Saturated Fat 19.4 g96.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.9 mg48%
Sodium 968 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 80 g160.2%
Vitamin A 26.3% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 97.6% Iron 65.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, put the butter and melt it over medium heat.
3) Add the onions and once they are lightly browned, add the garlic. Stir the ingredients together for about 1 minute.
4) Add the flour and cook for about 4 minutes.
5) Add 1 cup of milk, stir well, and then add the remaining milk.
6) Next add the cream of mushroom soup and whisk well.
7) Add the salt and cayenne, stir once and let the sauce simmer over low heat for 5 minutes, till it has thickened.
8) Add the asparagus pieces to a large pot of boiling salted water and let it blanch for about 1 minute.
9) In the same water that was used to cook the asparagus, cook the noodles.
10) In a large bowl, mix together the cooked noodles and the cream sauce.
11) Add the chicken breasts and the asparagus. Toss well.
12) Add the grated cheese (keeping some aside for topping) and toss again.
13) Put the mixture in a large casserole dish and top with bread crumbs that have been mixed with some olive oil and the remaining cheese.
14) Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, till the top has browned.
15) Remove the casserole from the oven and let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
16) Serve the casserole while it is still piping hot.