- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Yogurt Soup With Toasted Almonds Recipe Video
|Asparagus||1 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||6 Medium, mince|
|Vegetable stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), slice|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1908 Calories from Fat 1313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 154 g237.6%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.9 mg31.3%
Sodium 4362 mg181.8%
Total Carbohydrates 93 g31%
Dietary Fiber 43.9 g175.5%
Sugars 28.5 g
Protein 65 g130.5%
Vitamin A 88.2% Vitamin C 55.3%
Calcium 100% Iron 101.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, heat the olive oil and add the garlic to cook.
2. Add the chopped asparagus into the pot and stir
3. Add vegetable stock and bring to boil.
4. Once the soup boils, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
5. Drain the asparagus and reserve the stock.
6. Puree the cooked asparagus in the food processor.
7. Put the pureed asparagus and the reserved stock back into the pot and back on the stove.
8. Add yogurt, pepper, salt and nutmeg and stir and leave on medium heat for about 5 minutes.
9. In a pan, add butter, almonds and a dash of salt and brown the almonds.
10. Ladle the soup into a bowl and top with the toasted almonds and serve.