- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus with Vinaigrette Recipe
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 127.9 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare asparagus trim them to 5-inch (12 cm) lengths, reserving stalks for another use.
2. In large skillet, bring enough lightly salted water to cover asparagus to boil.
3. Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-high and cook, uncovered, for 4 minutes until tender-crisp.
4. Drain and refresh under cold water, drain again and place in shallow dish.
5. Slice onion into thin rings and arrange over asparagus.
6. In a bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, rose-mary, salt and pepper to taste.
7. Pour over asparagus and onion rings and serve.