- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Asparagus with Peanutty Hollandaise Sauce Recipe Video
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm) (Average-Sized Bunch Raw)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Cooking The Asparagus - Salted With 1 Teaspoon Salt)|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, softened to room temperature|
|Egg yolks||2 , separate the eggs and discard the whites or save them for another recipe, like meringue|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crushed (for garnish)|
|Crushed salted peanuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (No Husks)|
Calories 348 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.9 mg77.3%
Sodium 366 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 10 g19%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and snip asparagus. Crush the salted peanut.
2. In a pot, boil water. Place the asparagus and cook for 5 minutes, cover the pot and cook for another 7 minutes. Drain the excess water and transfer the asparagus to a serving dish. Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
3. In a saucepan, place the cream cheese, add egg, lemon juice and salt, blend nicely. Place the saucepan, over low heat. Stir the mixture continuously, until it is smooth and thick.
4. Pour cream cheese mixture into the asparagus and garnish with crushed peanut.
5. Serve with Ribeye Steak, Subtly Savory Parsley New Potatoes and heated french bread.