- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus with parma Ham Recipe
|Asparagus||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Single cream||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Parma ham||2 Ounce, cut into strips (50 Gram)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 879 Calories from Fat 600
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.1%
Saturated Fat 39.6 g197.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 242.7 mg
Sodium 2206.2 mg91.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.5%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 51 g101.2%
Vitamin A 86.5% Vitamin C 34.9%
Calcium 88.6% Iron 43.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean, trim, and chop asparagus and into medium pieces (3 inch long).
2) Take a small saucepan and blanch asparagus in boiling salted water, until soft, but not soggy.
3) In a separate saucepan, add cream, Parmesan and Gruyere cheese and place on low heat. Stir constantly and remove immediately from heat as soon as the mixture begins to boil.
4) Add salt and pepper as per taste and mix well into the cheese sauce. Also, drain asparagus and set aside.
5) Toss asparagus into freshly cooked pasta and pour the sauce over it. Serve immediately, garnished with cheese, if desired.