- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus with Citrus Butter Recipe
|Fresh asparagus spears/Frozen asparagus spears||2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
Calories 122 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
Sodium 339 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 21.9% Vitamin C 55.6%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Snap off and remove tough ends of fresh asparagus.
2. Using vegetable peeler or sharp knife, scour the scales.
3. Take a 3-quart saucepan; cover and cook asparagus in very little boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
4. Drain off excess water and keep aside.
5. Prepare 2 tbsp grated peel from one orange.
6. Prepare 1/4 cup orange juice by squeezing the peeled orange and keep aside.
7. Take a 12-inch skillet, add butter and melt over medium heat.
8. Add garlic, cook for a minute and then add orange juice and orange peel.
9. Add asparagus and cook for about 3 to 5 minute or till it turns tender.
10. On a serving platter, transfer asparagus.
11. Top with orange juice mixture.
12. Serve hot.