- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Vinaigrette Salad Platter Recipe
|White wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Asparagus||3 Pound, trimmed|
|Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2363 Calories from Fat 1960
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 222 g341.7%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g145.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 494.2 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 32 g128%
Sugars 35.4 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 269.6% Vitamin C 217.9%
Calcium 50.6% Iron 172.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pass all the vinaigrette ingredients via a food processor and mix thoroughly. Keep aside.
2. Take a large pot, add salted water, boil it. Add asparagus and blanch for about 2 minutes or till asparagus turns tender. Drain off the hot water, rinse with cool water and drain of the cool water.
3. Take a large, shallow dish, arrange the asparagus in it, pour over vinaigrette and allow to stand for about 1 to 2 hours.
4. Drain asparagus and keep aside the vinaigrette.
5. Discard the tough stems of washed watercress.
6. Take a large platter, place watercress and asparagus and top with separated onions sliced into rings. Sprinkle vinaigrette enough to moisten.
7. Serve immediately.