- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Soup Recipe
|Fresh asparagus||1 1⁄2 Ounce (750 Grams)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Pint (900 Milliliter)|
|Lemon peel strip||2|
|Single cream||1 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g84.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.2 mg
Sodium 308 mg12.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 19.3% Vitamin C 17.8%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook the tips in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness until just tender. Drain and keep on one side.
3. Cut the remaining asparagus stalks into 2-cm/ 1-inch lengths.
4. Peel and finely chop the onion.
5. Melt the butter or margarine in a large saucepan and cook onion gently for 5 minutes without browning.
6. Add the stock, lemon peel and asparagus stalks.
7. Cover and simmer gently for about 20 minutes until the asparagus is tender.
8. Remove lemon peel, sieve or liquidise to give a purde.
9. Season the soup, reheat with the asparagus tips.
10. Add the cream, continue to heat and then serve.