- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Salmon Salad Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Asparagus||3⁄4 Pound (Whole, Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Canned salmon/Leftover salmon||6 3⁄4 Ounce, drained, flaked (1 Can)|
|Lettuce leaves||1 (For Garnish)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
Calories 133 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.4%
Saturated Fat 0.58 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 344.7 mg14.4%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.9%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 11 g22.6%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 3% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a tight-lidded jar, add oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme and salt. Shake well to combine. Place the jar in the fridge to chill.
2) In a steamer, steam the asparagus stems for about 5 minutes until they become tender. Allow them to cool down.
3) On a salad plate, arrange the lettuce leaves.
4) Place the asparagus stems, flaked salmon and tomato wedges over the lettuce leaves.
5) Pour the chilled dressing over the salad.
6) Season with pepper.
7) Serve at room temperature.