- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Quiche Recipe
|Plain flour||5 Ounce|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Ounce, grated|
|Frozen asparagus spears||8 Ounce, thawed (Packet)|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||1⁄4 Pint|
|Eggs||4 , beaten|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Ounce, freshly grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2138 Calories from Fat 1378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 155 g238.4%
Saturated Fat 64.8 g323.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1092.5 mg
Sodium 1999.1 mg83.3%
Total Carbohydrates 126 g42%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 57 g114.9%
Vitamin A 85.8% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 85% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Take a large bowl and sift together flour and salt. Cut in butter and mix well into the flour.
3) Now, use a sharp knife and cut lard into small pieces and work it into the flour mixture. Use your fingertips to rub the fat into the flour until a breadcrumb like mixture is obtained.
4) Sprinkle some water , a little at a time, over the flour mixture and mix well to form a smooth round ball of dough.
5) Roll out the dough on a slightly floured board to fit into a 8 inch flan ring. Place the flan ring with the pastry lining on a baking sheet.
6) Now, Trim asparagus to the size of pastry dough. Place the cut off pieces at the base of the flan.
7) Place the trimmed spears over asparagus. In a clean bowl, combine, salt, pepper, eggs, cheese, and creams.
8) Spread this mixture over asparagus and place the flan in the preheated oven (400°F) and bake for about 40 minutes, or until the quiche is tanned.
9) Place the quiche on wire rack to cool slightly and serve warm.