- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Polonaise Recipe
|Steamed asparagus/2 (10-ounce) packages boiled frozen asparagus||2 Pound|
|Hard cooked egg yolks||3|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Browned butter||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 435
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.9%
Saturated Fat 28.4 g141.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.8 mg
Sodium 133.7 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.6%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 28 g56.6%
Vitamin A 184.9% Vitamin C 117.9%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 116.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) Preheat the broiler.
(2) Drain asparagus and discard the liquid.
(3) Butter a shallow casserole dish and arrange the spears in rows
(4) In a small bowl, sieve the egg yolks and mix in the parsley.
(5) Sprinkle sieved egg yolks and parsley over asparagus.
(6) Combine crumbs and butter and toss until well coated.
(7) Sprinkle over the asparagus.
(8) Place dish under the broiler, 4-5-inch from the heat and gratinate for 2-3 minutes until golden brown
(9) Serve hot accompanied with hollandaise sauce if you like.