- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe
|Bow tie pasta||1⁄2 Pound, cooked al dente and cooled (Farfalle)|
|Shallot||1 Small, finely chopped (Or 1/2 Large)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Eyeball It)|
|Asparagus||1 Pound (Thin Spears)|
|Endive||2 , cored and thinly sliced|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Frozen green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped fresh (A Couple Handfuls)|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 335 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 174.9 mg7.3%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 145.6% Vitamin C 89.2%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a microwave-safe covered dish heat shallots and oil for 30 seconds.
2) Alternately, in a small pan add shallots and oil on the stovetop over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
3) Let stand to cool for sometime.
4) In a saucepan, cover trimmed asparagus tops in 1-inch simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes.
5) Keep under cold running water and drain.
6) Cut into angular 1-inch pieces and add to a bowl.
7) In a bowl combine endive, red bell pepper, cooked pasta, green peas and chopped parsley.
8) The peas will defrost.
9) In a small bowl pour vinegar and whisk in cooled shallot oil.
10) Pour dressing over salad and toss.
11) Season with salt and pepper and toss again.