- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus In Mornay Sauce Recipe
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Asparagus water||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1153 Calories from Fat 722
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.5%
Saturated Fat 51.9 g259.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 254.9 mg85%
Sodium 1243.3 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 40 g81%
Vitamin A 61.9% Vitamin C 0.65%
Calcium 116.7% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a saucepan and melt some butter. Add the flour, and cook this roux till it is properly blended.
2. Slowly add and mix some milk till the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
3. Mix the asparagus water with the cream.
4. Add about 1/4th cup of grated cheese in the sauce.
5. Pour in some salt and freshly ground pepper to enhance the taste.
6. Drain the asparagus in a buttered serving dish and add some more sauce on it.
7. Sprinkle some more cheese on the top and place it in a hot broiler till it becomes brown and bubbly.