- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Chips Recipe
|Fresh asparagus||2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water chestnuts||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned water chestnuts||5 Ounce, coarsely chopped (1 Can)|
Calories 94 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 170.6 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 4 g7.2%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the woody ends of the asparagus. Wash them on cold running water.
2. Slice the asparagus stalk diagonally into three pieces.
3. Take a medium-size frying pan and cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for 7 to 10 minutes or until it is crisply soft. Drain.
4. Take a medium-size bowl and place the asparagus in it.
5. In same frying pan, melt and brown butter or margarine lightly until it bubbles up.
6. Toss chopped water chestnuts and add on the asparagus. Mix well.
7. Serve in a serving dish either hot or cold.