- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asparagus Bundles Recipe Video
|Asparagus||1 Pound, washed and ends trimmed|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Cooking spray||4 Dash|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.1 mg16.7%
Sodium 285.3 mg11.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.7%
Sugars 21.8 g
Protein 3 g5.7%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 400° F. Grease the casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Divide asparagus spears into 5 bundles. Carefully wrap bacon around the bundle, leaving the tips exposed.
3. Lay the bundles in greased casserole dish.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, soy sauce, garlic salt and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil.
5. Pour the hot sugar mixture over the asparagus bundles.
6. Roast in oven for 25 minutes at 400 degrees F.
7. Serve Asparagus Bundles with garlic bread and enjoy!