- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ask Chef Tony - How to Make Lentil Soup, Recipe for Happiness - Episode 18 Recipe Video
|Lentil||18 Ounce, washed|
|Carrot||2 Small, diced|
|Celery stalk||2 , diced|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), peeled and crushed|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Vegetable soup base||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.5 mg
Sodium 644.9 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.4 g65.6%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 23 g46%
Vitamin A 36.5% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Pour in the olive oil, add in garlic and caramelized.
3. Add in the onions, followed by celery and carrots. Cook for few minutes.
4. Stir in the lentils, mix well and toast for few minutes.
5. Add in the bay leafs, and toast again all the ingredients.
6. Create some place in the pot and place the prosciutto in between and sear. Keep stirring the lentils, so, that lentil mixture don’t burn.
7. Turn the prosciutto and sear from the skin side.
8. Add in the tomatoes, stir well.
9. Pour in the chicken stock and simmer for 60 minutes.
10. Ladle out the soup in a bowl and top with pasta. Garnish with parsley and serve.
You can make this soup vegetarian; don’t add meat into the soup.