- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Zing Wings Recipe Video
|For chicken wings|
|Chicken wing||16 Medium|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Rice wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|For asian zing sauce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole peppercorn||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 , smashed|
|Dry red chilli||5 Gram|
|Rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili garlic sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon, toasted|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 88.9 mg
Sodium 1012.3 mg42.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 37 g74.8%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Brush two baking tray with half of the vegetable oil.
3. Crush the garlic clove, using side of knife.
4. Cut onion, ginger and 1 green onion in chunks and leave it aside.
5. Finely chop the remaining green onion and leave aside for garnish.
6. In a bowl place the chicken wings, seasoning, chili flakes and garlic powder.
7. Mix the chicken wings well together, so the seasoning coats the wings.
8. Add the rice wine, flour and mix well together.
9. Place the chicken wings on the oiled tray, about 2 cm. away from each other .
10. Brush the wings with remaining oil.
11. Place the baking tray in oven and allow to bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
12. In a small saucepan, pour 1 cup of water, rice wine, soy sauce and peppercorn.
13. Place the saucepan over high heat and add ginger, garlic, onion, crushed red chilies and molasses, and allow to boil.
14. Lower the heat put the lid on and allow to simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the onions are soft.
15. Strain the sauce in a bowl.
16. Turn the wings around and allow to bake for 5 more minutes.
17. Return the strained sauce in the same saucepan and place on medium heat.
18. Allow the sauce to boil, add rice vinegar.
19) In a small bowl, mix together water and cornstarch, and stir this mixture into the boiling sauce.
20. Lower the heat and stir until the sauce is thick.
21. Turn the heat off and remove the pan off the stove.
22. In a mixing bowl, place the chicken wings and toss it in the prepared sauce, until it coats well.
23. In a serving plate, arrange the chicken wings and top it with sauce.
24. Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds, and serve hot.