- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Tomato, Broccoli And Buckwheat Noodle Salad Recipe
|Broccoli florets||2 Cup (32 tbs), lightly steamed and chilled|
|Rice wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce/Tamari sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Toasted sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry packed sun dried tomatoes/2/3 cup seeded and chopped fresh tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), soaked in warm water to cover for 3 minutes, drained and coarsely chopped|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buckwheat noodles||1⁄2 Pound (Japanese)|
|Toasted sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.23 g1.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1233.3 mg51.4%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 48.4% Vitamin C 105.8%
Calcium 7% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large portable bowl put steamed broccoli.
2) In another small bowl mix vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions and sesame oil.
3) Transfer the mixture over the broccoli. Add tomatoes and red pepper flakes to make the salad spicy.
4) In a large pot boil slated water, add noodles to it and follow package directions to cook.
5) Drain the noodles and rinse under cold running water.
6) Mix in the broccoli-tomato mixture.
7) Sprinkle sesame seeds over it.
8) Toss gently.
9) Cover and pack in a picnic basket.
10) Serve cold.