- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Shrimp & Tofu Stir Fry Recipe Video
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and cleaned|
|Super firm tofu||8 Ounce, drained and cubed|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh green beans||12 Ounce, trimmed|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||8 Ounce, drained|
|Chicken broth||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Teriyaki sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||3 , thinly sliced|
Calories 316 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.4 mg
Sodium 239.6 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the shrimps; cook the shrimps for 5 minutes turning and stirring until the shrimp is opaque. Set aside.
2. In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil and add in the garlic, ginger and tofu; sauté for 5 minutes until the garlic and tofu are brown.
3. Add in the pineapple and sauté until the pineapple begins to caramelize.
4. Stir in the green beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add in the cooked shrimps back into the skillet along with the chicken broth and teriyaki; stir and cook covered for 5 minutes.
6. Garnish with chopped green onions and serve on the sides of brown rice.