- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Steak Noodle Salad Recipe
|Light soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Fresh root ginger||3 Inch, finely grated (2 Pieces, 4 Cm Each)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Spring onions||4 , finely chopped|
|Coriander||3 Ounce, stalks and leaves roughly chopped (Small Bunch)|
|Rump steak||500 Gram, fat trimmed|
|Vegetable oil||50 Milliliter|
|Rice wine vinegar||20 Milliliter|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Dark sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Smooth peanut butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Soba noodles||200 Gram (1 Package)|
|Carrot||1 , finely shredded|
|Red pepper||1 , finely shredded|
|Yellow pepper||1 , finely shredded|
|Spring onions||3 , finely shredded|
|Mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Handful)|
|Coriander leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (Handful)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Teaspoon, toasted|
|Red chili||1 , cut into rings|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1812.3 mg75.5%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.7%
Sugars 12.7 g
Protein 50 g99.6%
Vitamin A 119.9% Vitamin C 197.9%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 19.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a shallow dish, mix all the marinade ingredients.
2. Add the meat steak to the dish and coat well with the mix.
3. Leave for one hour to marinate turning once.
4. Heat the griddle pan to a high heat till smoking.
5. Pat dry the steak and cook on a high heat for two minutes on each side.
6. Check the meat for doneness and cook for a minute or two extra if a well done steak is required.
7. Once the meat is cooked, transfer the meat to a plate and cut it into thin strips. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
8. Prepare a dressing by mixing the vegetable oil, vinegar, soy honey, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger till well mixed. Gently add the peanut butter to the dressing till it is smooth.
9. In a large pan, boil salted water to cook the noodles. Add the noodles and boil for 4-5 minutes till tender.
10. Drain the noodles when cooked and refresh with cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again.
11. Place the noodles in a large bowl. Add enough dressing to moisten the noodles and top the noodles with cooled sliced steak
12. Add the shredded vegetable, carrots, peppers, spring onions, coriander, sesame seeds, and mint.
13. Sprinkle any leftover meat juices that were on the plate on to the noodles before serving.
14. Serve the noodles with the chilli and coriander, hot or cold.