- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Asian Noodle Cake: On the Side #16 Recipe Video
|Asian noodles||9 Ounce (thin style)|
|Scallions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Grated carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 779 Calories from Fat 489
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2713.6 mg113.1%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.5 g34%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Bring a saucepan full of water to boil over high heat. Add the noodles and salt to the boiling water and cook until noodles are done, about 3 minutes.
2. Drain in a strainer and transfer them to a bowl, then immediately add the scallions and carrots to the noodles and toss with tongs, until mixed well and set aside.
3. In a 12" non-stick saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. When the oil is hot, spread the noodles evenly across the bottom of the pan and press with a non-stick spatula to flatten. Cook until crisp and golden on the bottom, about 5 minutes.
4. Take a plate and turn it over on top of the pan. With a towel or potholder, hold the plate on the pan while you turn everything upside down. The noodle cake will now be on the plate, crispy side up.
5. Add another 1 T. of oil to the pan and slide the noodle cake back into the pan to cook on the other side. Cook until the second side is browned, about 3-5 minutes.
6. Slide the noodle cake onto a cutting board then slice into wedges to serve.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
You can also put the noodle cake in the oven on warm until you're ready to serve.