- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking With Food - Bean Sprouts & Bok Choy Recipe Video
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil/Cooking oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Bok choy stalks||100 Gram, roughly chopped (2 stalks - white and greens seperated)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or 1 tsp freshly grated ginger)|
|Bean sprouts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 103 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 459.8 mg19.2%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 44.9% Vitamin C 47.5%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For sauce – In a measuring cup, dissolve the corn-starch into the water. Add in the soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Set aside.
2. Place a pan over medium heat and add in the vegetable oil. Allow to heat for 1-2 minutes.
3. Add in the garlic and ginger to the hot pan. Stir and allow to heat for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the bean sprouts and the white parts of the bok choy to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring constantly.
5. Add in the green parts of the bok choy and cook for 1 minute while stirring constantly.
6. Turn the stove up to medium-high heat. Stir the sauce ingredients to recombine, and pour into the pan.
7. Stir for 1 minute, letting the sauce bubble and thicken as it coats the vegetables.
8. Serve stir fried beans and bok choy with brown rice.